Saturday 6 August 2011

The Crow.

I have come to realise that I'm intrigued by birds at the moment.

I have always found wildlife fascinating, since becoming more interested in photography I have found myself stood 'silently' clicking and hoping for the perfect shot.

The photos below aren't exactly the perfect shot, but they are unedited and I took them while out on a walk.  I find there are an abundance of birds and mammals in the cemetery but being sneaky enough to get a decent photo is hard.

The Crow is such an interesting bird; it's common to most of England and I've started to notice them even more recently. I think part of the appeal is that they are beautiful and majestic when they're swooping to the ground, yet watching them hop about looking for food or fighting with one another they look completely different. They have a sinister and dark edge to them. I don't think they'd be out of place guarding a medieval castle.

The crow is a carrion creature so it's not suprising that they are associated with death. I thought it was particularly apt that I found this one sat on a head stone.


A common sight amongst the gravestones.


Sinister image.

Beautiful and Dark


A couple seconds later I disturbed it and it took off.

If you're interested have a look and see What the RSPB say about the Crow


2 comments:

  1. If these are not decent photos, you could probably charge fro the decent ones! These are very nice photos, would be interesting to see if you can create anything based on the crow or other birds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ben. I would like to incorporate birds into my final collection, at the moment I'm just not sure how! x

    ReplyDelete