Sunday 23 June 2013

Prom season.

We're in the height of Prom season at the moment, you can tell by all the marketing you see for nails/hair/spray tans and nice cars for hire. 

I happen to think a prom is a really exciting time for those involved. It's usually the first time you get to wear a gorgeous ball gown since you were a child. You can go all out with hair and make up and because everyone is doing the same it makes it more socially acceptable. Unfortunately your peers will still judge you but when you feel a million dollars you tend to be able to glaze over it a bit better.


My school prom was 9 years ago but I can still remember most of the details. I definitely remember going to try on pr dresses. 

My Mum, Dad and I went to Tiffanys in Salisbury because Sally had already been and said it was brilliant. She wasn't wrong. They had hundreds of hue gorgeous dresses and they were pretty reasonably priced too. The other selling point was that they recorded what school you were and what dress you bought and they wouldn't allow anyone from the same school to buy the same as you! If only this existed when you became an adult and shopped all over town! I bought a lovely turquoise dress, proper princess and the most amazing white sequinned ballet pumps from Faith. I also bought a tiara and a necklace and earrings set, all of which I still have apart from the shoes (because I wore them to their death). I had my hair done by a hairdresser who lived down the road and it was so well pinned that the next day when I woke up at my brothers house, it was still perfectly styled. I did my own make up but my mum treated me to some products from Virgin Vie. 

James, my best friend, met me at my house and my Dad took us to Sally's in his Mercedes. When we got to Sally's we all went together in a limo, James and I, Sally, Rosie, Joe and Bethan. I think that was it but I may have forgotten someone, it was 9 years ago and I don't have any photos of that bit.

Our prom took place at the pavilion and we had a sit down meal with wine on the table. I remember how excited everyone was that we were allowed to drink wine! Unfortunately the disposable camera I took with me didn't expose any of the pictures I took so I only have a couple and I can't find the digital copy of those.

That was then, this is now:


I loved prom, can I have another?!






No comments:

Post a Comment