Saturday 3 August 2013

Inventive advertising.

It's not often that I see an advertising campaign that really catches my attention. We're surrounded by so much advertising that I think we become a bit blind to it. That is until something different pops out at you. For me, that's extremely rare. 

So I'm casually flicking through this month's Marie Claire to check for loose inserts before I get into the bath to read it and to my great surprise (not) I come across an advert with something stuck to the page. The same way perfume ads sometimes have the little sample attached. Now, normally, I would throw whatever it was in the bin without taking any notice. In fact the only reason I'd even remove it from the magazine is so it didn't hinder my reading in any way. Now, on this occasion I stopped to look for longer than normal because it took my brain longer to compute the information that whatever this thing was it was stuck to a car advert! Odd. So I looked closer and then it hit me. This little  thing they wanted me to have was a packet of nail wraps in the exact shade of purple as the car on the opposite page. Now that ladies and gentleman may on itself not seem a big deal but really, it is. It worked though, the advert. Not only did I spend the next 30 seconds looking at the car in detail but I will also wear said nail wraps and then proceed to tell anyone who asks or comments, exactly where they came from.  

Genius. 




No comments:

Post a Comment