Thursday 28 October 2010

London.

Fashion: Today I visited London. Primarily the Barbican which is hosting an exhibition titled: 30 years of Japanese Fashion. It was a last minute trip but it was really inspiring. It's got to be said that not all the Japanese styles appeal to me but I can understand and appreciate why they do to others.

Pieces which particularly appealed to me/drew me in.

Embellishment:



Feminine and delicate:



Structure:



Shape:



Matthew Williamson.
(www.matthewwilliamson.com)
After the exhibition at the Barbican I visited the Matthew Williamson exhibition at Somerset House (http://www.somersethouse.org.uk/fashion/1285.asp)it was kind of disappointing as it was simply a lot of printed images of his work displayed in frames across two rooms. It would have been much more interesting if they had displayed pieces of his work. I find his style very appealing as I love the use of bright colours and, embellishment and the contrast in textures/fabrics used.

Life: After the exhibitions we visited Camden Market and had crepes (lemon and sugar for me:



Other: Butterfly - A range by Matthew Williamson.
Also:
1. any of numerous diurnal insects of the order Lepidoptera, characterized by clubbed antennae, a slender body, and large, broad, often conspicuously marked wings.
2. a person who flits aimlessly from one interest or group to another: a social butterfly.

No comments:

Post a Comment